Therefore, American Baptists are called to:
• Teach and model prayer in both private and public life.
• Become change agents that enable the love of God to be placed in human hearts and not expect any government to assume what is our responsibility.
• Disciple one another in the skill of living a Christ-centered life in secular society.
• Engage in public ministry in their community.
Advocate our core belief of separation of church and state as inspired by Scripture and tradition.
• Study God’s Word to discern God’s will for Christians in the secular society.
• Address our governments at all levels to refute interference in religious life